Sunday, April 11, 2010

First Holiday Away

So I am back at school from easter break. I made it through my first holiday ever without my family and it was not easy for me at all. I did end up going home with one of my Aussie unit mates which was nice. I got to be part of all of her family holiday things. I really enjoyed the company of a family.. even though it was not mine. But it did not make me miss mine any less. I had a little bit of a break down on the the thrusday before easter and called home. It was nice just to hear my parents voice. I think that was all that I needed. But I think God knew that I could not have made it through the bigger holidays. I feel like I would have had major break downs. And as most know I try not to have those break downs, I do not like to cry. But I made it through and had a nice relaxing week. I got back to the University on Wed. of break and just relaxed and hung out with the people that were here. I got to know some people better over the break which was good. I love getting to know people (which is happening everyday).

So the first part of my break was in a town called Tamworth about 3 and half hours away from Newcastle. Tamworth is a very counrty town. I took a picture with a giant golden guitar. It was fun and different to see small towns. They are the counrty music city in australia. We saw the different little spots in the town and then just hung out for the most part. Its was super sweet that on easter morning, My unit mates dad had brought us a little thing of chocolate for easter. It was nice and so was the rest of the family.

So.. something awesome.. is I have started to love watching rugby league. There are a couple of guys from my college (dorm) that play for the University Rugby League. Im starting to understand the game and people are entertaining at the game. It is the big sport here just like American football back in the states. But rugby is crazy..people getting hit and stepped on and all that with no pads!! crazy crazy. Funny story.. I have been watching since the 3rd week of being in Aus. and it took me up until this last week to figure out the scoring system.. I didnt actually figure it out I asked a friend.. and a bunch of rugby players were around and they laughed a little at me. But it was fun now I know a Try(score) is 5 points and Extra Points(kick) is 2 points. I am loving the game

Things to come... I will hopefully be making my way down to sydney with a friend in the next two weeks. and May 6th-11th I will be in New Zealand!!!!! Cant wait for that trip. It should be tons of fun.

Thats it from down under

Love everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment